Help us improve the Archives Canada Web site!
Filling out our survey, as well as adding any comments or suggestions you may have about the Archives Canada Web site, good or bad, is very important to us.
Participation is voluntary and all answers will be kept confidential.
Please take the time to fill out the form below.
Please mark the boxes which would best describe you.
Province/Territory of residence if in Canada, country of residence if outside Canada.
1a) Are you a frequent, occasional, or relatively new user of archives?
(Archivists please do not answer this question)
1b) In which capacities do you use the resources of the Archives Canada Web site?
(please check as many as apply)
Student, elementary school
Student, high school
Student, university undergraduate
Student, university graduate
Other Professional, please specify
Federal government employee
Other, please specify
2) How did you find out about the Archives Canada Web site? (please choose one)
Word of mouth
From an archivist
From a reference librarian
From a teacher or professor
Link from another Web site or portal, please specify
News release or other media source
Web Search Engine
It is an online resource used in my place of work;
3) Have you used other archival resources on the Web?
Yes, please specify
4) Have you contacted or visited an archives to use their resources in the past?
5a) On Archives Canada, you were looking for information relating to:
A specific individual
A specific event
A specific ethnic group
5b) Did you find what you were looking for?
6) What kind of sources were you looking for?
(please check as many as apply)
Homestead, land, or settlement records
Audio Visual Records (i.e. Film and sound recordings)
Other textual records
Other records, please specify
7) You find digitized resources useful when:
They are in a ?virtual exhibit? with interpretive text
They are retrievable through a searchable database
They are connected to the collection description
All of the above can be useful in different ways.
8) You found the Archives Canada database of Archival Descriptions (please check as many as apply)
Clear and easy to use
A useful resource
Difficult to navigate
The search results were not clear, I had difficulty finding what I was looking for
9) Improvements you would like to see on the site include: (prioritize 1 to 5, 1 being the most important)
10) Priorities for the site should be: (prioritize 1 to 5, 1 being the most important)
11) What was the nature of your visit?
12) Please rate the following aspects of the site.
Quality of information
Quantity of information
13) Were you served in the official language of your choice?
14) Which sections of the site did you visit?
Archival Descriptions Search Engine
Other please specify:
15) Rate the quality of the virtual exhibits
16) Rate the quality of the archival descriptions search engine
17) Rate the Quality of the overall site
18) Age Group: - Optional
66 or older
Optional information: (unless you require a response)
Other comments about the Archives Canada Web site:
Thank you for taking the time to complete our survey. The Archives Canada Web site was created to act as the hub of archival information in Canada, we value your input!